Measuring Range in Steel
0.025 - 19.99 inches
0.63 - 508.0 mm
The new CHECK-LINE TI-UMX2 Underwater Wall Thickness Gauge accurately measures wall thickness and the extent of corrosion of all metals at depths of up to 1000 feet (300 Meters). Also measures Coating Thickness.
A back-lit LCD display and illuminated housing allow divers to easily read measurements in dark water.
An over-sized control button and clever menu structure allows easy gauge setup and navigation through menus above or below water even when wearing thick gloves.
The TI-UMX-2 can store up to 5000 readings including A-Scan Waveforms and settings for each individual measurement. There are 2 file structure options; sequential with auto identifier and alpha numeric grid (row/column) format. The UMX-2 can transfer data and configuration settings to a PC using our DataComm software. (Software and transfer cable included)
The TI-UMX2 has 8 preset velocities and 1 custom velocity allowing the user to customize it for specific applications, or to tune the calibration to be optimized for a specific type of material. The list of preset velocities are as follows
- Aluminum 2024
- Stainless Steel 302
- Cast Iron
- Custom 1
- Housing is rated for dive depths up to 1000 ft (300 meters) with backlit display
- Resolution of 0.001" (0.01 mm) user-selected units of inch or mm
- Includes built-in datalogger for 5000 readings, settings and waveforms in sequential or "grid" (row/column) format
- Automatic probe recognition and auto zero
- Supplied with FREE NIST-Traceable Calibration Certificate
- Supplied with data transfer cable and FREE data analysis software
- Measure modes include: Pulse-Echo, Pulse-Echo w/ Coating, Echo-Echo and Triple Echo
- CE-certified with 3-Year Warranty
- Measures BOTH Wall and Coating Thickness
- Both Dual Element and Single Membrane Probes are offered
- Standard Probe supplied is 1/2"-5MHz HD-Coating, Underwater p/n T-074-2906
- All settings for gauge and datalogging can be done via software if desired
TI-UMX2 Menu Structure
Use of single button and clever menu structure permits easy navigation through all settings when underwater
*Highlighted fields indicate default settings.
|Range in Steel||0.025-19.99" (0.63 - 508.0 mm)|
Note: exact range depends on probe used
|Resolution||.001" (0.01 mm)|
|Display||4 - Digit, 0.5" Backlit LCD|
|Velocity Range||6,500-33,000 ft./sec (2000-10,000 m/sec.)|
|Probe||STANDARD: Underwater Type, 1/2"-5MHz Dual-Element HD-Coating Probe|
OPTIONAL: Underwater Type, 1/2"-3.5MHz Dual-Element HD-Coating Probe
|Cable||4 ft. (1.2 m) waterproof cable with non-polarized, quick-disconnect connectors. Optional lengths up to 50 ft. (15 m).|
|Temp. Limits||Ambient: -20 to 120 F (-30 to 50 C)|
Material: -0 to 200 F (-20 to 100 C
Special high temperature probes are optionally available.
|Battery Type||Two AA batteries|
|Battery Life||200 hours|
|Size||3.5 x 7.5 x 2.75"|
(63.5 W x 190.5 H x 69.85 D mm)
|Accessories Included||Probe/cable assembly. 4 oz. bottle of coupling fluid, NIST Calibration Certificate, 2 AA batteries, operating instructions, hard-plastic carrying case.|
|Warranty||Gauge: 3 Years|
Probe: 90 Days
|Operating Modes||PE: Pulse-Echo|
PECT: Pulse-Echo Coating
EEE: Triple Echo TCG
The TI-UMX2 is supplied as a complete kit with the gauge, 4 oz. bottle of coupling fluid, AA batteries, NIST-Traceable Calibration Certificate, data transfer software, serial output cable with USB converter and spare gasket & lube kit including Operating Instruction Manual - all in a foam-fitted carrying case.