Dakota Ultrasonics CMX-2225 Combination Coating & Wall Thickness Gauge with 1/4" 2.25MHz Transducer for Thin Plastics
Price: $ 2,125.00
Dakota Ultrasonics CMX Ultrasonic Coating and Wall Thickness Gauge Z-170-0003
Resolution: .001" (0.01 mm)
The Dakota Ultrasonics CMX Ultrasonic Coating and Wall Thickness Gauge Z-170-0003measures both coating and wall thickness quickly and accuratelyfrom only one side. In addition, when switched to Pulse-Echo mode, the Dakota Ultrasonics CMX Ultrasonic Coating and Wall Thickness Gauge Z-170-0003automatically measures and eliminates the coating from the wall thickness measurement, enabling the user to locate the finest corrosion and pittingwithout removing the coating.
Oversized graphic LCD is backlit and features easy to read fonts, graphics and display codes showing all critical settings including Velocity, Operating Mode, Alarms, Scan Mode and more. The backlight can be set to ON (always-on), OFF (always-off) or AUTO (automatically-on when measuring).
- Five user-selected operating modes are included:
- Coating On:Measures wall thickness using Pulse-Echo. It separately displays wall & coating thickness.
- Coating Off:Measures wall thickness using Pulse-Echo. It displays wall thickness only.
- Temperature Compensated:Measures wall thickness using Pulse-Echo and automatically adjusts calibration to compensate for changes in material temperature.
- Thru-Coat:Measures wall thickness only using Echo-Echo. (coating is NOT included)
- Coating Only Mode (CT):(Coating Thickness) Measures from 0.0005 to 0.100 inches (0.013 to 2.540 mm). Range will vary slightly depending on the coating.
- Dakota Ultrasonics CMX Ultrasonic Coating and Wall Thickness Gauge Z-170-0003
- 4 oz. bottle of coupling fluid
- 2 AA batteries
- NIST-Traceable Calibration Certificate
- RS-232 cable and software
- Operating manual
- Carrying case
- Hardware AGC gain control for multiple echo and thru-paint measurement.
- 2 year limited warranty
- Multiple calibration options: One Point, Two Point, or selection from a Material List.
- PVX comes complete with our Windows PC software for transferring data to and from a PC.
- 16 factory setups and 48 user-defined setups. User defined setups can be edited for custom applications.
- User-selected resolution of 0.001" or 0.0001" inch units and 0.01 or 0.001 in mm units
- PVX is equipped with an alpha-numeric data logger to provide increased versatility for those custom reporting needs.
- Visual and audible alarm with hi and lo limit settings for specific application tolerances.
- The high speed scan feature
- 1/4" 15MHz Delay Line Probe p/n T-481-5507 also available when pencil probe is not needed. Specify TI-PVX-5507 to order as complete kit with this probe
- Auto find features locates the detection point(s) and adjusts the display settings to bring the waveform into view.
- Includes NIST-Traceableb calibration certificate
- CE Certified
|Range in Steel||Pulse-Echo Mode:Pit and Flaw detection measures from 0.025 - 9.999inches (0.63 to 254 millimeters)|
Echo-Echo Mode:Thru Paint & coatings measures from 0.100 - 4.000 inches (2.54 to 102 mm). Range will vary depending on the thick
|Range in Coating Only Mode||0.0005" - 0.1000" / Resolution: 0.0001"|
(0.013 - 2.540 mm / Resolution: 0.001 mm)
|Max Coating||0.100" (2.54mm)|
|Resolution||.001 inches (0.01mm)|
|Velocity Range||.0492 to .3936 in./ms|
1250 to 9999 meters/sec
|Units||Inch or mm|
|Measurement Modes||- Pulse-Echo (corrosion mode)|
- Pulse-Echo Coating (Corrosion w/o coating)
- Echo-Echo (thru-paint)
- Temp Comp (auto adjust for material temp)
- Coating Only (Ultrasonic Coating Gauge)
|Transducer Types||Dual Element (1 to 10 MHz).|
|Output||RS-232 for upload/download of setups|
|Memory capacity||TI-CMX: None|
TI-CMXDL: over 200,000 measurements
|Power Source||Three 1.5V alkaline or 1.2V NiCad AA cells|
|Battery Life||Typically operates for 150 hours on alkaline and 100 hours on NiCad|
|Auto Power off||After 5 minutes of non-use|
|Display||1/8 in. VGA grayscale display 62 x 45.7mm|
|Keyboard||Membrane switch with twelve tactile keys|
|Case||Extruded aluminum body with nickel-plated aluminum end caps (gasket sealed).|
|Temp. Limits||Ambient: -20 to 120 F (-30 to 50 C)|
Material: -0 to 200 F (-20 to 100 C)
Special high temperature model TI-CMX-H is available for 300F/150C and optional probes are offered for higher surface temperatures
|Weight, net||383 grams|
|Dimensions||63.5 W x 165 H x 31.5 D mm|
|Warranty||2 year limited|
|Certification||CE Approved, Factory calibration traceable to national standards|
High Speed Scan Mode & B-Scan Mode
|Hi-Speed Scan Mode|
- Scan Mode measures 64 times per second, displaying the max and min reading measured during the scan interval. Sample rate is 200/sec when coating measurement is off
- The B-Scan displays a time based cross section view of test material of the contour of the blind, or underside of a pipe or tank application. the B-Scan view draws at a rate of seven seconds per screen from right to left
| || |
|Minimum Radius for Convex Surfaces||1" (25.4 mm)|
|Minimum Radius for Concave Surfaces||3" (76.2 mm)|
|Minimum Headroom||3" (76.2 mm)|
|Minimum Sample Diameter||0.5" (12.7 mm)|
|Minimum Substrate Thickness - F||na|
|Minimum Substrate Thickness - NFe||na|
- The V-Block transducer holder offers the operator greater control and repeatabily when measuring on pipes and other curved areas