The Dakota Ultrasonics MMX-7 is a full featured ultrasonic thickness gauge offering an oversized display as well as a complete alphanumeric datalogging system with storage capacity of thousands of data values.
The Dakota Ultrasonics MMX-7 features the highest resolution graphic LCD on the market and is especially engineered for optimal ease of use.
- The time-based B-Scan feature displays a cross section of the test material. It is commonly used to display the profile of the bottom surface of the test material.
- The MMX-7 also comes complete with our Windows PC software for transferring data to and from a PC.
- Built in hardware AGC gain control for through paint measurements in multi mode operation.
- The high speed scan feature speeds up the inspection process by making 32 measurements per second. Remove transducer from the test material, and display the minimum measurement scanned.
- The MMX-7 has the ability to store 64 custom user defined setups. All factory setups can be selected, edited and saved to any setup location.
- Use the AUTOFIND feature to locate the detection point, while automatically adjusting the display to bring the signal into view.
- CE Certified
- Includes NIST-Traceable Calibration Certificate
- Use the visual alarm to set hi and lo limits for applications requiring specific tolerances. If the actual thickness value is above or below the limits, a red light is illuminated.
- 2 Year Warranty
|Range in Steel||Pulse-Echo Mode:Pit and Flaw detection measures from 0.63 to 254 millimeters (0.025 - 9.999inches)|
Echo-Echo Mode:Thru Paint & coatings measures from 2.54 to 102 mm (0.100 - 4.000 inches). Range will vary depending on the thick
|Resolution||.001 inches (0.01mm)|
|Velocity Range||.0492 to .3936 in./ms|
1250 to 9999 meters/sec
|Units||English & Metric|
|Measurement Modes||- Pulse-Echo (flaws, pits)|
- Echo-Echo (thru-paint)
|Transducer Types||Dual Element (1 to 10 MHz).|
|Memory||16 megabit non-volatile ram|
|Memory capacity||12,000 pages with 1 reading and waveform per page|
|Power Source||Three 1.5V alkaline or 1.2V NiCad AA cells|
|Battery Life||Typically operates for 150 hours on alkaline and 100 hours on NiCad|
|Auto Power off||if idle 5 min|
|Display||1/8 in. VGA grayscale display 62 x 45.7mm|
|Keyboard||Membrane switch with twelve tactile keys|
|Case||Extruded aluminum body with nickel-plated aluminum end caps (gasket sealed).|
|Operating Temperature||-14 to 140F (-10 to 60C)|
|Weight, net||383 grams|
|Dimensions||63.5 W x 165 H x 31.5 D mm|
|Warranty||2 year limited|
|Certification||CE Approved, Factory calibration traceable to national standards|
The MMX-7 is supplied as a complete kit with the gauge, 4 oz. bottle of coupling fluid, 2 AA batteries, NIST-Traceable Calibration Certificate, data transfer software, serial output cable and Operating Instruction Manual - all in a foam-fitted carrying case.
- Used to create an ultrasonic coupling between the probe and material to be measured
- 12 oz Bottle